The position of the CAD technician requires high attention to detail and high proficiency in autocad. CAD Techs are responsible for all plan sets, engineering detail updates, material takeoffs, construction details and permit corrections as needed. Daily duties include, CAD tasks in coconstruct, working with the field team and production to update plan sets as needed, working with permit team to update plan sets for submittals, printing plan sets and permits for construction, updating the cad template to keep the team efficient and helping out the office team as needed on other tasks.
- Use of AutoCAD 2021
- Working with Permit Manager and Production manager to keep templates and plan sets
up to date per city standards and current build methods
- Manage coconstrut task and schedules – no pushed tasks
- Read details and understand plan sets
- Run the 3-in-1 printer, plotter and office printer
- Draft initial survey from Survey tech
- Work with sales to produce a production drawing for the project
- Stay updated with current AutoCAD programs and drafting techniques
- CAD certificate or Degree with like background
- Use of AutoCAD
- 3 years of previous CAD experience
- Construction background, not required but helpful
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency with computers, Microsoft Office, engineering software, CAD software
- Common core math skills
- Physical Requirements
- Ability to work indoors/outdoors, in non-conditioned environments, in moist/dry environments, background noise moderate to heavy at times, environments with dust, fumes, odors, or mold.
These are the essential physical demands to perform the job:
- LIFTING – Lifting up to 50 pounds is required
- CLIMBING/WALKING – responsibilities require sufficient agility and mobility to maneuver safely on the job site confronting rough terrain, trenches, and uncompleted framing.
- SPEAKING – Cultural/regional speaking accents are acceptable.
- HEARING – Hearing is required
- VISION – Visually inspect and approve each phase of construction as well as driving motor vehicles
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT – Required use per Seaborn Pile Driving Co. and OSHA guidelines
- Organizational skills – permits coming back sooner than schedule
- Time management – no pushed tasks
- Troubleshooting – using resource, deductive reasoning and previous job examples to help problem solve issues
- Accuracy in applications / permit submittals – limit the number of corrections
- Ability to work as a team player and on individual tasks