The Permit Manager is responsible for reviewing all permit submittal documents, plan sets, and project schedules. They are responsible for tracking all current project permit statuses and updating the job schedule sheet for production; Daily duties also include updating city submittal process forms, updating the admin team on code changes, and assisting the team with complicated permit project submittals. They oversee surveys, permits, and engineering.
- Monitor surveys and make sure team members are hitting their quarterly targets.
- Add all sold projects to CoConstruct scheduling system and assign tasks accordingly.
- Complete daily scheduled tasks & to-dos per CoConstruct.
- Clear updates for projects to aid in monitor issues/progress.
- Manage email communications, create tasks in CoConstruct when necessary, update Job schedule sheet with Reviewer/Permit Date/Permit Number.
- Develop project timelines and work within project deadlines.
- Update team when projects may not make deadlines (in a timely manner).
- Provide ongoing monitoring of project progress (email updates).
- Work with colleagues to maintain project continuity and integrity.
- Prepare and submit written reports as needed.
- Create and update the Process sheets when procedures change.
- Communicate with clients as needed.
- Maintain technical proficiency and participate in continuing education opportunities offered.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Organizational skills – permits coming back sooner than scheduled.
- Time management – no pushed tasks.
- Troubleshooting – using resources, deductive reasoning, and previous job examples to help problem-solve issues.
- Accuracy in applications/permit submittals – limit the number of corrections.
- Ability to work as a team player and on individual tasks.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency with computers, Microsoft Office, engineering software, Google docs, CAD software (preferred).
- Common core math skills.
- US work authorization (preferred).
- Physical requirements.
- Ability to work indoors/outdoors, in non-conditioned environments, in moist/dry environments, background noise moderate to heavy at times, environments with dust, fumes, odors, or mold.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record AND reliable transportation.
- These are the essential physical demands to perform the job:
- LIFTING – lifting up to 50 pounds is required.
- CLIMBING/WALKING – responsibilities require sufficient agility and mobility to maneuver safely on the job site confronting rough terrain, trenches, and uncompleted framing.
- VISION – Visually inspect and approve each phase of construction as well as driving motor vehicles.
- USE OF PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT – Required use per Seaborn Pile Driving Co. and OSHA guidelines.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Salary of $70,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year