The Engineer is responsible for providing structural design and analysis of floating and fixed marine structures, evaluating project sites to determine environmental loads, establish and maintain strong working relationships with clients, and interact directly with the production/manufacturing departments.
- Evaluate project sites for feasibility and to establish project design criteria.
- Create initial project plans and material takeoffs
- Review project plans and specifications to verify stated criteria is consistent with actual site conditions.
- Provide structural design and analysis.
- Develop project timelines and work within project deadlines.
- Provide ongoing monitoring of project progress.
- Work with colleagues to maintain project continuity and integrity.
- Prepare and submit written reports as needed.
- Update job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging structural engineering technologies and practices.
- Maintain technical proficiency and participate in continuing education opportunities offered.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Structural / Civil Engineering degree
- 5 years ** marine construction a bonus
- license not required
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency with computers, Microsoft Office, engineering software, CAD software
- Physical Requirements
- Ability to work indoors/outdoor, in non-conditioned environments, in moist/dry environments, background noise moderate to heavy at times, environments with dust, fumes, odors, or mold.
- These are the essential physical demands to perform the job:
- LIFTING – Lifting up to 100 pounds is required
- CLIMBING/WALKING – responsibilities require sufficient agility and mobility to maneuver safely on the job site confronting rough terrain, trenches, and uncompleted framing.
- SPEAKING – Cultural/regional speaking accents are acceptable.
- HEARING – Hearing is required
- VISION – Visually inspect and approve each phase of construction as well as driving motor vehicles
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT – Required use per Seaborn Pile Driving Co. and OSHA guidelines
- Efficiency in design of details
- Corrections from reviewers – ideally first submittal only, 2 max
- Team player – assists when available