Supervise the production team to manage and execute production projects. Coordinate with customers, sales, and design teams to develop project plans and timelines. Work with the team to plan, schedule, and perform production activities. Assign daily workload to team members. Develop a production program and guidelines to support company objectives. Suggest process improvements to enhance product quality and capacity. Organize job training for team members to achieve production goals. Investigate production issues and develop resolutions. Determine equipment, material, and manpower requirements for project execution. Develop a project budget and maintain expenses within the budget. Recommend cost reduction initiatives while maintaining quality standards. Assist in employee recruitment, performance evaluation, promotion, retention, and termination activities. Monitor production activities and adjust schedules for on-time delivery. Ensure that the final product meets quality standards and customer specifications. Ensure that the team follows company policies and safety standards.
- Managing near term schedules (three months out).
- Staffing as required to include hiring, training, and development to keep up with project demands.
- Schedule and conduct 90 Day and Annual employee reviews.
- Quality control site visits for each project and final quality sign off.
- Customer meetings and interaction as it relates to production.
- Ordering of material as needed to keep barges stocked and job materials going out on time.
- Maintaining systems and spreadsheets like CoConstruct and Leadership Sheets to ensure all tasks and data are accurate and up to date.
- Updating the leadership team on equipment and tool needs in advance so that budgeting can be achieved to purchase the items needed.
- Ensuring that jobs are kept on schedule and are being completed the Seaborn way.
- Ensuring all employees, job sites, and shop areas are kept in a neat and orderly fashion at all times.
- Ensure that bi-weekly safety meetings are being conducted and that safety protocols are being followed by all employees.
- Organizing team meetings and team-building events as needed to ensure morale stays high.
- Ensure that all equipment is being maintained properly and that equipment and tools are being serviced regularly to avoid unnecessary damage or cost to the company.
- 10+ years of prior production-based supervisory experience
- Strong Communication Skills – both oral and written
- Ability to delegate and elevate
- Strong commitment to supporting a safety-conscious work environment
- Ability to be on-call as necessary in support of a 24/7 operation
- Proficient with computer software like Microsoft Office suite, production management software, Google Docs, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with sub-contractors, suppliers, and clients
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations and policies
- Must be an excellent problem solver
- Experience authoring and reviewing technical documentation and standard operating procedures
- A high degree of comfort adapting and adjusting to changes and challenges while maintaining a positive attitude and commitment to the company’s objective
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment with production, purchasing, engineering, sales, quality, finance, human resources, and other stakeholders within the organization to achieve overall company objectives required