The Shop Manager is the support role that encompasses purchasing, fabrication, barge delivery and construction as it relates to all projects. The Shop Manager is also responsible for employee management, hiring, coaching, reviews, and disciplinary action. This is a fast-paced environment that can be demanding but also extremely rewarding. The right candidate should be comfortable working in diverse settings. The shop is the hub for everything we create. The position of Shop Manager means you are the lead on all purchasing and all fabrication for the company. This position requires knowledge of purchasing, inventory, welding, wood working, equipment maintenance, and heavy equipment operation.
- Open the yard and shop each morning and ensure tools and equipment are secured and the shop and yard are locked up each night!
- Checking and answering emails and text messages and responding as needed throughout the day.
- Planning out each project in detail, assigning roles and responsibilities and purchasing the needed materials.
- Manage shop employees to ensure they are on task and understand what is expected of them.
- Arrange for delivery of materials to the yard and job sites as well as inventory management.
- Matches materials to requested design specifications.
- Coordinates with the Field Foreman to load and unload barges as needed.
- Maintaining a clean and safe yard environment. Ensuring all scrap material is disposed of and that all usable material is stored neatly and in an organized fashion.
- Ensure all equipment is always maintained and in good working condition.
- Working with vendors and suppliers as it relates to the yard and shop.
- Using power tools and other tools to cut and shape wood, metal, and other materials.
- Communicates with the rest of the construction team using CoConstruct software.
- Supervises a team to complete projects on schedule and without safety issues.
- Enforces company policies with employees to ensure all company guidelines are being followed at all times.
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings, and sketches and fully grasp requirements.
- Accuracy in taking measurements and calculating the size and amount of material needed for a project.
- Skilled in the use of all tools necessary to cut, shape, and smooth lumber and other material (e.g. fiberglass) according to measurements.
- Ability to work in extreme conditions for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Advanced understanding of computers, smartphones, MS Office, and industry software.
- Must have the ability to learn new skills, problem-solve, follow protocols, take initiative, and lead by example.
- Leadership skills include employee management, safety management, production management, etc.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record AND reliable transportation.
- Four (4) years of warehouse or fabrication shop management experience
- Comprehensive understanding of best building practices and job-site safety regulations and requirements
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record AND reliable transportation
- US work authorization (Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Salary of $110,000.00 – $140,000.00 per year